Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wait. Whoa. Chris Isaak's 53??


Enjoyed this short Q&A with Chris Isaak, like the opening banter:

Is it true you were the homecoming king at your high school [A.A. Stagg in Stockton, Calif.]?

No, no, no. [Laughs] I was student council president. I even had my own office. I was a cheerleader, too. I found out about cheerleader camp and heard that there were about six guys and 3,000 girls, so I signed up. It was a precursor for a rock-and-roll career.

And what a wise mom he has:

Well, heartbreak is my forte. But I tried to make it a balance on this record. There's some really upbeat songs like "Big Wide Wonderful World." And "We've Got Tomorrow." You know my parents have been married 60 years and I asked my mom, "How do you stay together?" And she said, "You don't leave." It's really simple.

Probably good to stay away from those who leave from the get-go . . .

No comments: